The Basic Shell is what we call the frame after it has been erected, and completely weather wrapped and insulated. Our structures are watertight and ready for mechanicals and finishes. The best value for the Owner/Builder or General Contractor.
The basic shell, that we provide, includes:
- Frame design and erection of the timber frame
- Pre-cutting of frame
- Off-loading of the frame
- The installation of the interior finishes (on the exterior walls, roofs and ceilings)
- The vapor barrier and foam insulation put into place.
- The rough openings for doors, windows, skylights, and fireplace.
- Furring strips applied over the insulation systems which become the nail base for your siding and roofing.
Conventional main level (by others). Upper level; 6"x12" pine girder. 6"x6" and 6"x8" joists, 4' on center per plan. Pine, fir, cedar or spruce decking: 2"x8" tongue and groove, kiln-dried. Decking is planed two sides with V-joint edge.
Frame: Pre-cut, planed pine, fir, or cedar timbers: 6"x12" plates and girts, 8"x8" and 6"x6" posts, 4"x4" angle bracing, 4"x6" intermediate girts and exterior door framing. 4"x6", 6"x6" or 6"x8" rafters, 4' on center; 6"x12" purlins. Oak trunnels.
Wall System & Insulation:
Interior: 1"x8" tongue and groove, kiln-dried pine with V-joint edge. Apply with either face exposed. 2" rigid polyisocyanurate insulation, foil-faced both sides or 1/2" MR sheetrock with structural stress skin panels. Sidewall insulation 2"-4".
Roof System & Insulation:
Interior: 2"x8" tongue and groove, kiln-dried pine with V-joint edge. 4" rigid polyisocyanurate insulation, foil-faced both sides. 1"x3" shingle ribs. Our roofs perform at an R-61 rating and we provide in depth help for heating and cooling needs. Roof insulation 4"-7 1/2".